Use this long-term plan alongside Kapow Primary's original Art and design scheme to support your delivery of the primary Art and design curriculum across the school.
As well as giving oversight of the Art and design scheme, this document contains information including:
- How this scheme helps your school meet the statutory requirements for Art and design.
- The organisation of the scheme into the five key strands of learning: making skills; generating ideas; formal elements; knowledge of artists; evaluating, and how these are spread throughout the units.
- A spiral curriculum and how it is utilised within the scheme.
- Ordering and teaching the units.
- Each individual unit across every year, including a brief synopsis of learning.
- Other useful documentation to support you in planning your Art and design scheme of work including a curriculum overview, progression of skills document, an equipment list and a vocabulary progression.
Kapow Primary's original Long-term plan for Art and design is for schools teaching Art and design most weeks throughout the school year. Each year group is allocated 4 units across the year, which ensure pupils acquire key skills and knowledge required to make progress.
- A Long-term plan —condensed for schools that teach Art and design for 18 weeks in the school year.
- A Long-term plan for teaching Art and design to mixed-age classes.
- A combined plan for schools that alternate the teaching of Art and design with Design and technology.
The plan shows how the scheme of work fulfils the national curriculum requirements for KS1 and KS2 Art and design and includes an overview of our units and lessons and guidance on the order of teaching.
To download our standard long-term plan, click on the orange button below.
This content is for subscribers only. Join for access today.