Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To begin to understand that some friendships might make us feel unhappy and how to deal with this
- How to recognise who to trust and who not to trust, how to judge when a friendship is making them feel unhappy or uncomfortable, managing conflict, how to manage these situations and how to seek help or advice from others, if needed.
Pupils needing extra support: Should be placed in groups with children who can support them.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be supporting less able Those in the same year group as you., reading stories for them and asking the questions in different ways to help them to understand. They should also be challenged to explain the A special bond between yourself and a friend. Problems that need resolving or working through. in greater depth.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Families and relations
- Lesson 1: Families offer stability and love
- Lesson 2: Families are all different
- Lesson 3: Managing friendships
- Lesson 4: Unhappy friendships
- Lesson 5: Introduction to manners and courtesy
- Lesson 6: Change and loss
- Lesson 7: Gender stereotypes – Careers and jobs