- To describe what you will pack in your suitcase for a holiday.
Pupils should be taught to:
- listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding, speak in sentences using familiar vocabulary, write phrases and adapt these to write new phrases.
KS2 Framework – O 6.1 Agree or disagree with statements made about a spoken passage.
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- Use the song on the link: ‘Chanson Enfant – Les Vacances’ on VideoLink for tidy up time to get the children listening to the French
- Create a washing line of summer and winter clothes that are labelled for the children to read in the classroom
- Play the Dans ma valise game again
- Revise the vocabulary by playing memory games such as:
dans ma valise il y a – the equivalent of In my granny’s basket:
– Dans ma valise il y a des lunettes de soleil – In my suitcase there is a pair of sunglasses
– Dans ma valise il y a des lunettes de soleil et un t-shirt – In my suitcase there is a pair of sunglasses and a t-shirt
– Dans ma valise il y a des lunettes de soleil, un t-shirt et un livre – In my suitcase there is a pair of sunglasses, a t-shirt and a book
Kim’s game – arrange items on a table, give the children time to memorise and then cover the items up, challenging the children to write down, in French, as many items as they remember.