Before the lesson
- To begin to understand the physical and emotional boundaries in friendships
- That healthy friendships are positive and welcoming towards others, and do not make others feel lonely or excluded.
- The importance of permission-seeking and giving in relationships with friends, peers and adults.
- What sorts of boundaries are appropriate in friendships with peers and others (including in a digital context).
Pupils needing extra support: Could be grouped together for the activity, and have any available adults work with them. You may also want to limit the number of Anticipating that something will happen a certain way. they come up with to five.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be challenged to phrase all their expectations as Beneficial or good. statements.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y4: Family and relationships
- Lesson 1: Respect and manners
- Lesson 2: Healthy friendships
- Lesson 3 - How my behaviour affects others
- Lesson 4: Bullying
- Lesson 5: Stereotypes: Gender
- Lesson 6: Stereotypes: Disability
- Lesson 7: Families in the wider world (free lesson)
- Lesson 8: Change and loss