Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To begin to recognise who and what can influence our decisions.
- To know how we can make sure we are making the right decision for ourselves.
Children should know:
- The facts about legal and illegal harmful substances and associated risks, including smoking, alcohol use and drug-taking.
Pupils needing extra support: Should focus on just scenario 2 as it is more straightforward. Give additional help to the children to help them to develop their character.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be challenged to take the idea from any of the scenarios and develop it further. They could also work in a larger group and add additional characters to the scenarios.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment Y3: Safety and the changing body
- Lesson 1: First Aid: emergencies and calling for help
- Lesson 2: First Aid: bites and stings
- Lesson 4: Cyberbullying
- Lesson 5: Fake emails
- Lesson 6: Drugs, alcohol and tobacco: making choices
- Lesson 7: Drugs, alcohol and tobacco: influences
- Lesson 8: Keeping safe out and about