Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
To understand that friendships have ups and downs and that problems can be resolved.
Pupils should know that:
- Most friendships have ups and downs, and that these can often be worked through so that the friendship is repaired or even strengthened, and that resorting to violence is never right.
Pupils needing extra support: can use the A difficult situation that needs to be resolved or overcome. page letters support version which offers a writing structure to support them with their responses.
Pupils working at greater depth: Give a more in depth response to the letters including getting the problem setter to think about how their Someone you like and enjoy spending time with and often shares common interests with you… might be The physical or emotional response to something..
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y3: Family and relationships
- Lesson 1: Healthy families
- Lesson 2: Friendship conflict
- Lesson 3: Friendship: conflict versus bullying
- Lesson 4: Effective communication
- Lesson 5: Learning who to trust
- Lesson 6: Respecting differences in others
- Lesson 7: Stereotyping: Gender
- Lesson 8: Stereotyping: Age