Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To begin to understand the concept of privacy and the correct vocabulary for body parts
Pupils should know:
- That each person’s body belongs to them, and the differences between appropriate and inappropriate or unsafe physical, and other, contact.
- How to report concerns or abuse, and the vocabulary and confidence needed to do.
Pupils needing extra support: Can use the Activity: Body parts with word A company that looks after your money and gives you money loans that you have to pay back… so that they can select from the body parts provided.
Pupils working at greater depth: Label other areas on the Activity: Body parts, such as wrist, shoulder, The joint that connects the thigh bone (femur) to the shin bone (tibia)…., The joint that attaches our foot to our leg..
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Safety and the body
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the internet
- Lesson 2: Communicating online
- Lesson 3: Secrets and surprises
- Lesson 4: Appropriate contact: My private parts
- Lesson 5: Appropriate contact: My private parts are private
- Lesson 6: Road safety
- Lesson 7: Road safety 2
- Lesson 8: Staying safe with medicine