Before the lesson
- To write the lyrics for a ballad
Pupils should be taught to:
- Improvise and compose music for a range of purposes using the inter-related dimensions of music
- Appreciate and understand a wide range of high-quality live and recorded music drawn from different traditions and from great composers and musicians
- Develop an understanding of the history of music
- Draft and write by composing and rehearsing sentences orally
- Choosing nouns or pronouns appropriately for clarity and cohesion and to avoid repetition
Pupils needing extra support: May need a scribe or can create their story mountain using pictures. Can use the given 10 sentences and put them in order.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should write two sentences for each summary (rather than one) but the last words of each must rhyme.