Before the lesson
- To explore how to use our bodies to make sounds
- To explore different sounds and think about tempo
Communication and language
- Listen to and talk about stories to build familiarity and understanding.
Expressive arts and design
- Listen attentively, move to and talk about music, expressing their feelings and responses.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
- Creating and thinking critically
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
- To explore the sounds of different instruments.
- To experiment with The speed of the music and dynamic when playing instruments.
Note any specific next steps for individual children.