Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- I can write an interview article about the Olympic Games
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding; engage in conversations
- Ask and answer questions
- Broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words
- 1. Understand the main points and simple opinions, listen attentively, retell and discuss the main ideas
- L 6.4. Write sentences on a range of topics using a model; apply most words correctly; construct a short text, eg: create a PowerPoint presentation to tell a story or give a description
During the week
- Print out the children’s interview writing and stick on the wall or make a magazine to exhibit them all.
- The children could do some research into Olympic athletes and write further articles about real people.
- Use sports day or other P.E. lessons to run a mini-school Olympics.
- Research into the history of the Olympics.