Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To ask and answer questions and describe and compare planets
Pupils should be taught to:
- Ask and answer questions
- Present ideas and information orally
- Ask and answer questions (O5.1)
- Agree and disagree with statements (O5.2)
During the week
- Children design and display their own flashcards about a newly discovered planet to compile into a class guide. Then they choose a child each day to answer questions about their planet.
- Show or read ‘Le Petit Prince’ – international best-selling book by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. Translated into over 300 languages and made into films and plays, it is the story of a boy who lands on Earth from another planet.