Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To make comparisons in French
Pupils should be taught to:
- Speak in sentences, using familiar vocabulary
- Express ideas clearly, writing some phrases from memory
- Make a sentence using single word cards (L5.2)
- Apply grammatical knowledge to make sentences (LLS)
During the week
- Get the children to learn the order of the planets. Just as we do in English, the French use mnemonics to help them remember information. To remember the order of the planets, they use:
Mon vaisseau te mène jusque sur une nouvelle planète
My ship takes you to a new planet.
- Play ‘Le Pendu’ (Hangman), using different French words from the word mats the children made at the start of the topic
- Encourage them to think of other adjectives they could use to compare themselves with others in the class. For example: taller, shorter, older, younger.