Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To name different foods in French and notice patterns in sounds
Pupils should be taught to:
- Improve accuracy of pronunciation and intonation
- Listen attentively and show understanding by responding
- Understand basic grammar (masculine/feminine nouns)
- Focus on correct pronunciation and intonation (O5.1)
- Memorise and present a set of instructions/information (O5.4)
- Practise new language with a friend (LLS)
During the week
- Healthy eating – During the register, ask the children to tell you which healthy snack they have in their lunch box today (in French!)
- Mangez cinq par jour – Use the new vocabulary to create ‘Five a day’ healthy eating posters for the classroom.
- Still life art – Look at paintings of still life by French artist Paul Cézanne and ask the children to describe which fruits can be seen. They can try their own art in this style – and could develop this with dictionaries for new vocabulary.