Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To identify and sort nouns by their gender, number and meaning
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Explore the patterns and sounds of language through songs and rhymes and link the spelling, sound and meaning of words
- Read carefully and show understanding of phrases and simple writing
- Understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied, including (where relevant): feminine, masculine and neuter forms
- Choose words to fit into a gapped text or as picture captions (L5.3)
- Use context and previous knowledge to help understanding
- Understand that words will not always have a direct equivalent
During the week
- Using the Activity: Mix and match monster descriptions, read out descriptive sentences and see if anyone can draw the monster.
- ‘Va t’en Grand Monstre Vert’ (Go away, Big Green Monster!)– is a book by Ed Emberley. The book available from online stores, or animations via YouTube (see Link: ‘Va t’en Grand Monstre Vert’ (not on Safe YouTube).