Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand that French is spoken in many different countries across the world, and to read and give directions.
Pupils should be taught to:
- Read carefully and show understanding of simple writing
- Describe places orally and in writing
- 1 Read fiction and non-fiction texts
- 2 Learn about places in different countries
During the week
- Get the children to do some independent research and create mini fact-files about different countries where French is spoken.
- Play a fast finger game on the board calling out a country name and getting the children to find it on the map and describe the flag.