Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To be able to name different members of the family tree
Pupils should be taught to:
- Present ideas and information orally
- Improve accuracy of pronunciation
- Remember, retain and recall words and phrases (O5.4)
- Develop accuracy in pronunciation (KAL)
During the week
- Introducing the family
Watch the Link: ‘BBC bitesize video -Lili presents her family’, where Lili presents her family to Ben. Notice the use of the words for ‘your’ – ‘ton’/ ‘ta’/ ‘tes’.
- Family fruit salad
For your PE warm up, pupils sit in a circle with one child in the middle. Give each child a family member to be, for example, mon oncle, ma mère, The child in the middle calls out a family member and everyone with that name has to run to a new space. The last person left goes into the middle.
- Family web
Using the Activity: Family web, join words together oto make a sentence about a family member. The second page of the Activity gives an example. Use a different coloured pen for each sentence to create a ‘web’.