Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand the water cycle in French
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words that are introduced into familiar written material
KS2 Framework objectives:
- Write simple words using a model (L4.4)
- Listen attentively and understand instructions (O3.4)
During the week
- Continue to monitor the water cycle plastic bags during the week and encourage the children to use the correct words in French.
- Look at a more detailed French water cycle for French school children using Link: ‘USGS: The water cycle for schools – French’. Can the children work out from the images, words and cognates what other more complex processes there are in the water cycle? Use a bilingual dictionary to support this.