Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To write descriptive sentences
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Describe people, places, things and actions orally and in writing
- Understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied, including (where relevant): feminine and masculine neuter forms…how to apply these, for instance, to build sentences
- Write simple words and phrases using a model and some words from memory (L4.4)
- Recognise and apply simple agreements (KAL)
During the week
- Complete the portraits if not finished in the lesson.
- Introduce J’aime (I like) and discuss likes – for example:
J’aime le chocolat – I like chocolate
J’aime le foot – I like football
The children can tell a partner and then their partner can report to the class, changing it to Il/elle aime…
- Play a guessing game with descriptions of other teachers. Encourage the children to use C’est in their responses.