Before the lesson
- To understand a simple description
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- Listen for specific words and phrases (O4.2)
- Identify specific sounds (O4.3)
During the week
- Add eu to the class sound bank, or create one if you don’t already have one. Also add the new words heureux, sérieux and cheveux.
- Assemble a collection of wigs! Use props from school plays/dressing up, ask children to bring in any they might have or buy cheap ones, the crazier the better! (You can buy them online for as little as £1). Use the wigs for a team game – two small groups of children race each other. You say, for example, Il a les cheveux blonds and the first team to put a blonde wig on a boy in their team wins.
- The children can take photos of each other wearing the wigs and add captions to describe their hair. You could create a range of captions for them to select from and stick on. This could form a display.