Before the lesson
- To research and write information about European countries in French
Pupils should be taught to:
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, phrases and simple writing; speak in sentences, using familiar vocabulary, phrases and basic language structures
- L4.1 Read and understand a range of familiar written phrases
- O4.4 Ask and answer questions on several topics
During the week
- In small groups, research a few key facts about a European country (such as food, capital, flag, language, location on a map and how to say hello/goodbye /please/thank you in the language).
- Work on songs for contest.
- A possible Art project could be creating instruments out of cardboard to either play or mime playing.