Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand adjectival position and agreement for gender and number
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, phrases and simple writing
- Understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied, including (where relevant): feminine, masculine (…)
- Recognise and apply simple agreements, singular and plural (Yr4 KAL)
- Apply phonic knowledge of the language to support reading and writing Yr (4 KAL)
- Listen for specific words and phrases – identify an object or picture by its description (O4.2)
- Read and understand a range of familiar written phrases (L4.1)
During the week
- Give out the Red Herring Cards, and get the children to create their own phrases using the clothing words they have learnt, initially practising speaking and then writing on mini whiteboards.
- Play the Promenons-nous dans les bois game, acting it out. You can have several people taking turns playing the wolf, mentioning a different item of clothing each. If you have the space, play this as a running game. When the wolf is fully dressed he (or she) shouts J’arrive (I’m coming) and chases the children. If one is caught they can become the next wolf.