- To use the correct French greeting for the time of day
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Understand and respond to written language from a variety of authentic sources
- Explore the patterns and sounds of language
DfE KS2 Framework:
- Perform simple communicative tasks (O3.3)
- Recognise some familiar words in written form (L3.1)
- Experiment with the writing of simple words (L3.3)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
These are suggestions to remind the children of the French vocabulary they have learned in this lesson so they don’t forget everything before the next lesson:
- Use the passing/throwing exercise from the Attention grabber as a warm-up for your PE lesson.
- Cover/jumble up different letters on the bubbles each day – can the children spot which letters are missing?
- Create a class book of bedtime sayings in English/French with children’s illustrations using the smiley face and Day and night speech bubbles.
- Challenge the class to teach their parents/siblings to say goodnight with a French pet name.
- Share the storybook again, or browse the online library for other picture books.