Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To describe a food chain in French
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Develop ability to understand new words that are introduced into familiar written material
- Speak in sentences, using basic language structures
- Speak clearly and confidently (O3.3)
- Practise new language with a friend (LLS)
During the week
- Display your Activity: Animal Venn on the wall. Each day, introduce new creatures (using a dictionary) and decide where they will go.
- Look at videos on Link: ‘BBC Bitesize KS2 – Food chains and habitats’ and get the children to describe animals as herbivores, omnivores or carnivores as well as saying what they eat in French.
- Read the book, ‘Bon Appetit M Lapin’, or see the Link: ‘Bon Appetit M. Lapin’ on SafeShare.TV – it is a lovely French story book and includes some wonderful French ‘sound effects’ too.