Before the lesson
- To create and describe a festive picture
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Describe things orally, speak in sentences using familiar vocabulary, understand basic grammar (adjectives)
- Listen attentively and understand instructions (O3.4)
- Recall, retain and use vocabulary (O3.3)
- Know some facts about one country (IU3.3)
During the week
- Use tissue paper to turn your classroom windows into Matisse’s ‘Nuit de noël’.
- Listen to some French Christmas songs – a wide selection are available online.
- Use the Christmas tree game as a listening assessment – give the children an outline and get them to decorate it by giving a set of instructions to decorate each branch.