- To understand the role of sensors on the ISS
Pupils should be taught to:
- Use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content
- CAS progression pathway: Recognises that a range of digital devices can be considered a computer (AB) (GE)
- CAS progression pathway: Recognises different types of data: text, number (AB) (GE)
- CAS progression pathway: Appreciates that programs can work with different types of data (GE)
- CAS progression pathway: Recognises that data can be structured in tables to make it useful (AB)(DE)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Pupils needing extra support: May benefit from working with a partner to allow them to discuss their ideas. They could also go through what might be monitored by sensors beforehand in a group with an adult.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should explain the importance of sensors collecting this data to ensure that astronauts are safe and comfortable.