Before the lesson
- To design an invention to gather data
Pupils should be taught to:
- Use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content
- Recognise common uses of information technology beyond school
CAS Framework links
- CAS progression pathway: Recognises that digital content can be represented in many forms (AB) (GE)
- CAS progression pathway: Distinguishes between some of these forms and can explain the different ways that they communicate information (AB)
Pupils needing extra support: May need to talk through their ideas more at the beginning to help clarify what they need their computerised invention to do. They could always describe and explain its function or write one word labels.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should add detailed labels to their design, experimenting with different colours, sizes and fonts.