Over the last twelve months, subscribers to Kapow Primary’s Music scheme of work have benefited from:
- Brand new whole-class instrumental scheme for KS2 in line with the new Model Music Curriculum guidance. Six units, of five lessons each. To be taught on tuned percussion and at any point in KS2.
- New long-term plans:
- Assessment quiz and knowledge catcher for every unit.
- EYFS content (updated in line with the updated 2021 Statutory framework).
- New teacher skills videos for staff notation.
- Live and recorded webinars with our music specialists.
- A list of songs, artists and composers.
- Knowledge organisers for all years
- Refreshed Y1 unit on musical vocabulary, called “Under the sea”.
- A progression of skills document for our Condensed long-term plan.
- Guidance on transitioning to Kapow Primary’s music scheme of work.
- A long-term plan for mixed-aged classes.
- Medium-term plans/unit overviews for every unit.
- Knowledge progression document.
- Updated Y6 ‘Composing a leavers’ song’ unit.
- Updated Y4 ‘Rock and Roll’ unit.